Fascinating Womanhood Week Three
I'll be a wife and mother first, then First Lady - Jackie KennedyReadings for this week: Chapters 7 - 11
Chapters that we will cover are : Masculine and Feminine Roles, The Guide or Leader, The Protector, The Provider, Family Finances
"Mother must be returned to the home. The standard of living is a fictitious thing. Marriage, imperfect as it is, it is still the best solution we have to keep the family intact. It is a woman's primordial function to stay home and raise the children. She should not join the hunt with men. A man, too feels less like a man when his wife works. If you don't leave a family of decent kids behind, you have left nothing. The footprints we leave on the sands of time are soon blown away. Basic to the solution of adolescent problems of any generation is an intact home.
Where is your key?
Tell me more about your key. What is it? How do you make yourself happy?
Your Love Booklet
What loving responses did you get when practicing Fascinating Womanhood principles? Remember to record them. This love booklet is a beautiful thing to do, imagine what you'll have when you look back ten years later! It helps us to be appreciative.Assignment Three
Highlight the assignment this, copy and paste it into a Word document or email.
Then, work through the answers.
Part 1: Masculine & Feminine Roles
What do you think the roles of men and women as described in the book?
How do you help him fill these needs?
Why should the man lead?
How do you honor him as the guide? Do you have any struggles in this area?
In what ways do you become the perfect follower?
Write down some reminders for yourself on how to give feminine advice
Part 2: The LeaderA Christian Writer's View on The Husband's Leadership
"The wife should never follow her judgment in preference to that of her husband, for if her husband desire to do right, but errs in judgment, the Lord will bless her in endeavoring to carry out his counsels; for God has placed him at the head and though he may err in judgement, yet God will not justify the wife in disregarding his instructions and counsels, for greater is the sin of rebellion than the errors which arise form want to judgement; therefore, she would be condemned for suffering her will to arise against his."
"Be obedient and God will cause all things to work for good and He will correct the errors of the husband in due time. A wife will lose the spirit of God in refusing to obey the counsel of her husband." Orson Pratt
Record loving things he says or does in your Love Booklet
Part 3: The ProtectorA man needs to function, feel needed and excel women as a protector.
Does your husband function as a protector? Is he needed? Do you do masculine things better than he does?
Check the following:
- If my husband does not get his chores done the house I do them for him to get them out of the way.
- I feel capable of doing anything a man can do, so I do not ask my husband for help in the heavy work.
- If I have to do a man's job I try to do it as well or better than a man could.
- There are some masculine jobs I like doing so I want to continue.
- My husband appreciates my help with his work, so I feel I should continue to do it.
- I dislike doing the man's work, or taking masculine responsibility but do not know how to get out of it. I would like to be completely free from it.
Remember: A man only delights in protecting a woman who needs his masculine care and assistance, or at least appears to need it.
List the reasons why the man should provide as outlined in the book?
What should be provide and what is not his responsibility to provide?
In what ways can you help him in his pressing responsibility to provide the living?
Do you make any of the mistakes which affect his feeling of status?
Financial responsibilities of husband:
- Provide the income
- Manage the money
- Concern, worry
Financial responsibilities of the wife:
- Be thrifty.
- Cooperate with his financial plans
- Provide a peaceful home life
Check if you do any of this
Why I Handle Finances
- Makes me feel important and intelligent.
- I enjoy the challenge.
- To relieve my husband of this burden.
- My husband is not qualified. I am more capable of handling the money.
- I feel into routine at the start of marriage.
- My husband insists I do it. He doesn't want to.
Handling Finances Causes Me Problems
- I worry about mounting expenses and financial emergencies
- Because of money worries, I am not as effective as a wife and mother.
- My husband and children do not understand my distress over money.
- We have frequent arguments over money.
- My husband accuses me of wasting money, and blames me for our financial problems.
- He is not aware of what I need for groceries, clothing, utilities, home payments, taxes, insurance.
- He frequently says, "Where does all the money go?"
- He might consult me to make a decision about a job change, car purchase, investment, etc.
- He helps himself to money I have managed to save from the monthly expenses.
- He runs up bills for sporting gear, entertainment, hardware, etc, without consulting me.
- He worries less about money than I do.
- I am upset when he buys me an expensive gift. I think of other ways the money could be spent.
"Home bears the same relationship to our lives that the sun does to the planets of the solar system. Everything in the solar system revolves around the sun. The sun not only furnishes light and heat but it also holds the solar system together. If the sun were to disintegrate, the solar system would fly to pieces." -
'The Way to Success' by Sterling W. Sill
How To Submit Your AssignmentCut and Copy the Assignment into a word document, fill in your answers. Then, select all, COPY & PASTE into the form below, then click SUBMIT.
Return from Fascinating Womanhood Week Three to Elegant Woman Homepage