School Manners For Elegance and Sophistication
School Manners - A list of basic etiquette for those who want to be established in elegance and sophistication! related searchers: lady manners school, school of manners, proper manners, manners
I believe that manners and etiquette are to be learnt, or in other words, schooled.
I'm sure there are a thousand websites telling you about etiquette and manners - it is easy to get overwhelmed.
So, if I could highlight the areas anyone who want to improve on their manners...here are these areas:
The Art of Conversation
- Saying please, thank you, hello, good bye.
- Learning to do proper introductions, or to introduce yourself when not properly being introduced.
- Asking the right questions; not intrusive ones
- Learning how to express yourself and keep opinions about things to yourself.
- Being comfortable in a social situation
- Not to give advice whenever in conversation unless asked.
- Wearing the right clothes as per occasion.
- To be perfectly groomed
See more in the Art of Conversation
School Manners in Character
- To be a good sport
- To be a good friend does not repeat a private conversation
- Favors are given whenever capable
- Favors are repaid
- On time
- Promises are kept
- To be kind
- To be generous
- To never take advantage of others
- To treat everyone equal, not to look down or treat someone else superior
School Manners in Sophistication
- To have self-understanding
- To realize one's strengths and weaknesses
- To pursue one's passion
- To live for a greater Cause than oneself
- To live greater than oneself
- To work hard and have respect for one's work
- To be professional at work
- To have respect for time and money
- To value life and time over money
- To value feelings over money
- To esteem values over money
- Realizing less is more
- To seek to increase knowledge and understanding
- To appreciate beauty
- To be a good host
- To host parties generously
- To love, care and think for others before self
See also Mastering the Art of Class.
I hope all these little reminders have inspired you! Take care. :)
You might like How to be a lady.
See also Good Manners for Children, if you are thinking of where to start teaching your children.
Go back to Manner and Etiquette - How to be Exquisite.